Paris, Lace And Grace Kelly

May 15, 2014

Paris - Vicki Archer

Looking back at this photograph taken in the place Saint Michel, in Paris, I recall that my thoughts immediately drifted towards lace.

Delicate, feminine and romantic…

Characteristics both city and fabric share.

When studying Grace Kelly’s wardrobe I saw that she often wore espadrilles.

This season I am in love with lace espadrilles.

Simple, chic… and comfortable.

Another fashion win/win.

Tenuous connections… for sure… but that’s how my mind wanders and weaves… xv

shop french essence for more grace kelly inspiration

Grace Kelly Inspiration - Vicki Archer

Share This: Follow Me on PinterestFollow Me on TwitterFollow Me on Facebook

• Lace espadrilles!? That sounds beautiful!

• Anita Rivera says:

Goodness, do you inspire. I have not worn espadrilles in so many years, and when I was wearing them, they were the kind that had a long strap you tied around your ankle. I loved those shoes, but look at the fabulous selections you share here! I must get a pair for this summer, Vicki!

I think your creative mind does make those connections because that is what an artist/writer does. The bolder or even more least likely pairings make the best connections – they surprise us. LACE and Paris? Mais OUI!

Bonne journée, Madame! Anita

• Candice says:

I had espadrilles one summer in Buenos Aires and wore them out ! They were the usual black on natural soles , black lace ups. Now I will be on the look out for lace .. what a lovely idea ! even if I am not in Paris ~

• hopflower says:

I am afraid that two of the links do not work on the espadrilles.

• How lovely, Vicki! The next time I’m in Paris I will have to dress up in black lace to match the balconies. XO

• I have a pair of lace espadrilles + adore them. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

• I am wearing espadrilles as I type. They are my summer staple, every summer. But lace ones? Ooh la la I love it!
    PS. You think your connections are tenuous? I immediately thought that you were referring to the Grace Kelly movie opening Cannes tonight!

• D. A. Wolf says:

Espadrilles! I had black ones that laced around the ankles, when I was in college. Loved them. (Must keep an eye our next time I am ‘accidentally! In one of my fave shoe stores.)

• anita says:

I adore lace espadrilles…Valentino does them beautifully, and in the most delicious colours! Was treated to a pair for Mother’s Day – now we need some sun!

• Karena says:

Vicki I am now shopping espadrilles for summer…don’t forget Toms, where they give a pair to a child in need for each pair purchased!!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Windows of Buck House

• Shell says:

Hi Vicki
    If Grace wore Lace then lace it is. And espadrilles are always a classic go to . I agree but it is a bit chilly in Australia for espadrilles at present, mine will have to wait for Spring. Happy Friday wishes Shell – A Darlings Nest